If you are interested in paganism or Wicca then you should really get to know our celebration of the seasons, called “The Wheel Of The Year.”
Wiccan’s, pagans and folks into the ancient mystical mysteries of life truly enjoy following and practicing “The Wheel Of The Year” because it keep’s us in sync with the rhythm of Mother Earth, The God and Goddess loving energy that lives within us all. Keeps us in a state of humility and gratitude for what each season has to offer us, father winter for his power of introspection and spiritual strength, fruitful spring for the bounty of life and love blessed upon us after a time of cold and darkness.
SABBATS: THE WHEEL OF THE YEAR
YULE-WINTER SOLSTICE (12/21)
- God as Oak King is born of the Goddess.
- God as Holly King prepares to depart.
- Goddess is Mother of the Sun God.
- Goddess is Crone of Winter.
IMBOLC-PURIFICATION AND FIRE (2/1)
- Goddess is cleansed and purified.
- Milk flows for lambs and for the baby God.
- Quickening of the Earth.
- Goddess is preparing to return to Maiden.
OSTARA- SPRING EQUINOX (3/21)
- Goddess is Maiden/brings Spring.
- God and Goddess encourage animal fertility.
BELTANE-FERTILITY AND FIRE (5/1)
- God Youth and Goddess Maiden unite in love.
- May Day flowers, romps and bonfires.
LITHA-SUMMER SOLSTICE (6/21)
- God turns from Youth to Sage.
- Marriage of God to Goddess.
- God enters the Earth in marriage, giving his energy into the grain, now his body.
- First harvest, bread harvest, grains.
MABON-AUTUMN EQUINOX (9/21)
- God gives his spirit into the vines, fruit, barleycorn, wine, cider, whiskey, beer and mead are now his blood. He rules the underworld.
- Goddess alone and pregnant with the God.
SAMHAIN-DEATH AND REBIRTH (10/31)
- God within the Goddess, also the leader of the Wild Hunt.
- Veil between the worlds at its thinnest, Crone and Hunter (Lord of shadows) reign together.
As you can see this way of life is all about honoring the sacred masculine and sacred feminine loving energy that makes up our earth, universe and everyday lives. We feel that everything is made up of the God and Goddess particle and chose to acknowledge this as fact. We invite you to celebrate the Sabbats with a cup of wine, small cakes, healing baths, tea’s and invite the love so readily available to those with and open heart and mind.
– Earth Angel Healing Co